Getting a great night’s sleep is one of the best things you can do for your health, but are there any natural herbal treatments for poor sleep?
We put together a variety of options for using natural supplements to help you get better sleep. There is research showing that valerian root, chamomile, and even cannabis can all help you rest easy at night.
Let’s jump into our quick guide covering natural sleep herbs.
● Natural Herbs That Help With Sleep
● Natural Supplements That Help With Falling Asleep
● Herbs That Help With Staying Asleep
● Herbs That Help You Wake Up Refreshed In The Morning
● Wrapping Up Natural Sleep Herbs
Natural Herbs That Help With Sleep
There are a lot of supplements on the market as “sleep aids” these days, but do they really work?
There is some scientific evidence that supports natural sleep herbs. These four herbs are all studied and have demonstrated links to better sleep.
● Valerian Root—A meta-analysis of available research concluded that valerian root can be a suitable sleep aid
● Chamomile—One study from 2017 showed that chamomile tea before bed significantly improved sleep
● Ashwagandha—Ashwagandha extract has been demonstrated to help sleep and even help to better manage insomnia
● CBD, THC, and Cannabis—With CBD and Cannabis legalization becoming more common, research is starting to demonstrate that CBD can help with sleep while cannabis can help with initially falling asleep
Natural Supplements That Help With Falling Asleep
For some of us, getting to sleep is the hardest part. These are a few natural herbal supplements that can help you unwind and fall asleep.
Chamomile, valerian root, and THC are all well-known for their abilities to help individuals fall asleep. THC is especially effective when using Indica strains at higher doses.
Herbs That Help With Staying Asleep
Staying asleep is a separate matter altogether. You're falling asleep isn't the problem, but frequently waking up throughout the night is, you might need to try a different one of these natural sleep herbs.
CBD, ashwagandha, valerian root, and chamomile have all been linked to improving outcomes when it comes to insomnia. It's important to note that while THC can help individuals fall asleep, it's also been associated with frequently waking up during the night.
Herbs That Help You Wake Up Refreshed In The Morning
So far, all of the herbs that we talked about can help you get to sleep or stay asleep. What if you're looking for something that can kick-start your mornings?
Green tea is one of the best options for giving yourself an easier start in the morning.
Research has demonstrated that green tea can boost energy levels, improve cognition, and even improve memory. This is perfect for giving your morning a little boost without the jittery effects of products with more caffeine.
Wrapping Up Natural Sleep Herbs
There are natural herbal remedies all around the world that can help improve your sleep. So don't feel afraid to experiment around! Sometimes what works for someone may not work for the other, so you have to keep an open mind and keep testing. So next time you’re struggling to catch some Z’s, try one of the herbal supplements we mentioned for sleep, it may just be exactly what you needed!